This website is a collective memory of the history of Parkour in India. Join us, and contribute to the legacy that you’re a part of.
IndianParkour.org is an effort to document the journey that Parkour has taken through the years, across the various communities in India.
India is vast. It has a multitude of geographies, languages, cultures, traditions, religions and economic strata. Like other countries, Parkour has appealed to people across these varied groups (add in age too, because Parkour knows no age).
What is the Goal of this Website?
The goal of this project is to reach out to communities across India, dive deep into their histories, origins and to talk to the people behind each community.
I hope to document each community with video, audio and text. The end result would be to create a permanent, bonafide record of how a made up French physical artform that has taken the world by storm, has also engulfed the lives of people from diverse communities in India.
How Can You Contribute?
We expect that this is going to be a long, and complex project. If you would like to contribute, you can do so in many ways. Here’s a short list:
- With Information. We would like to know about your communities, the key people in them, and how each community started.
- With your friendship. This project is about reaching out across the divides that we face in our communities – across states, geographies, languages, religions, communities, skin colour, income, family background and age. We would like to reach out to everyone in this Indian Parkour community as a whole and learn your stories.
- With your regional support. If things work out, we would like to visit each and every Parkour community in India. We would like your support to enable this. If you can enable meet-ups, meetings with present and past key members, and more. Tell us what we’re missing out.
- With communications support. India speaks many languages, and has many cultures. We’re probably very ignorant about much of your community and language. We would like to be able to communicate with as many people as possible, so we may need your support in communication, translation, access to spaces, etc.
- With your voice. We would like to reach out to as many communities and organisations as possible. Do spread the word, and ask everyone to be a part of the project.
Please follow this blog, & our social media handles, and email us if you want to be a part of this journey. We would love to hear from you.